iRest® Yoga Nidra – Introductory Workshop
Time : 11:00 AM
Join Sandra Palmer, Yoga Teacher and Registered Psychologist, for a 2 hour introduction to iRest Yoga Nidra, a traditional form of meditation with a contemporary twist. This is an opportunity to explore yoga beyond the asana (postures), working with body sensations, breath and the subtler aspects of ourselves – all whilst lying down in a deliciously relaxed state. No previous meditation experience necessary.
iRest® Yoga Nidra works holistically to help us feel more connected to ourselves, others and the world around us. In yoga nidra we enter that blissful state between being awake and asleep, opening to our inner wisdom, joy and equanimity through illuminating and inquiring into the koshas (layers of ourselves).
Benefits of iRest yoga nidra include:
- Finding a way to live life with more ease, clarity, joy and equanimity
- Increased health and wellbeing
- Improved sleep and increased energy
- Increased sense of resiliency (no matter what life throws your way)
- Resetting the stressed and overworked nervous system through the art of relaxing deeply.
This will be followed by a 6 week course, where weekly you can dive deeper into the experience and benefits of iRest® Yoga Nidra for Wellbeing.